Pages

22 April 2016

Mini Flip Album using Tags

The past couple of days, I have working on a Mini Flip Album made using Tags for a challenge. I had no idea what I was going to do.

So I started off cutting the tags out from chipboard. I then painted both sides with gesso. Then I decided to use some stencils and texture paste on one side of the tags. I had a kind of idea of what I wanted to do, just didn't know how it was going to work. I took three Stampin Up inks (Going Gray, Strawberry Slush and Pistachio Pudding) and sponged over both sides. Once I was happy with the colour, I left them to dry.

Now the hard part, what was I going to put on the tags. In my stash I had some beautiful pink and cream rose stickers. I knew once I saw them, this was what I wanted to use. Before I went any further, I covered the back of the tags with some stripey patterned paper I had with colours that I thought would go with everything. I cut out some floral swirls from the green card stock and layered/glued these behind where the roses would go. I used Kaisercraft Friendship Sentiment stamps on each of the tags. I put some kindy glitz over the texture paste to give it an extra sparkle. Then I punched out silver glitter butterflies to go on the tags.

Overall, I'm really happy with how it has turned out. Here are a couple of photos, the first is of the album closed and the second one is of each of the tags.

 Thanks for visiting my blog today.

No comments:

Post a Comment