Pages

10 April 2016

What to do with embossing folders?????

Have you got heaps of embossing folders that you don't seem to use. I know I do. I have been looking at ways in which I can more out of my embossing folders than just to emboss card stock.

So last week, I started to play with my dye based inks, water and embossing folders. For the card base, I used watercolour paper.

This is what did - I selected which embossing folder I wanted to use. I then opened it up and worked out which side was more raised than the other. This is the side that I wanted to use. I then selected the inks I wanted to use - note: make sure that they are dye based/watercolour inks - then I used a sponge and randomly inked the raised side. Once I was happy with the colours, I then took water and misted it on to the inked surface. You will see the ink bead up. Then I placed the watercolour paper to the folder and then closed the folder. Press down over the folder (this is what I did). There is no need to put it through your embossing machine, as you don't want to emboss the paper. After a colour of minutes, carefully open the embossing folder and lift the paper off the embossing folder and leave to dry. Once dry, you can use it as you wish.

To clean the embossing folder - I cleaned it first with a baby wipe and then afterwards, I cleaned them in water to get any left over ink on them off.


Items used -

Left - One of the embossing folders (butterflies) from the Heritage Set, Inks - Adirondack Sunshine Yellow, Stampin Up Strawberry Slush & Coastal Cabana, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Dusty Concord and a touch of Faded jeans.

Right - Couture Creations Drink Me Embossing Folder, Inks - Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans and Shabby Shutters.


Items used -

Left - Couture Creations Tied Together embossing folder, Inks - Stampin Up Strawberry Slush and
Coastal Cabana, Adirondack Sunshine Yellow and Sunset Orange.

Right - Couture Creations Celebrate embossing folder, Inks - Adirondack Sunshine Yellow and Sunset Orange, Tim Holtz Distress Inks Faded Jeans, Shabby Shutters and Dusty Concord.


Items used -

Left - Kaisercraft Honeycomb embossing folder, Inks - Stampin Up Strawberry Slush and Coastal Cabana, Adirondack Sunset Orange and Sunshine Yellow.

Right - Kaisercraft Flourish embossing folder, Inks - Stampin Up Strawberry Slush and Coastal Cabana, Adirondack Sunshine Yellow.


Come back tomorrow to see what I have created with these backgrounds.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

No comments:

Post a Comment