Pages

29 March 2016

Colour Blocking

Today, I have 2 cards to share with you. They are done using the technique of colour blocking.

It's where you take an acrylic block and you ink half of the block with one colour ink and the other half with a different colour ink. Then you spritz the acrylic block with water (don't put alot of water on as you don't want it to be too dripping wet) and then place it on to a piece of card. Lift the acrylic block up and then wait for it to dry. Once it's dry you can stamp and an image as well as a sentiment. I've used 3d images on the cards.

Love this technique, as you create a different background each time.


For the first card I used 3 different Stampin Up Inks - Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana, and Going Gray.


 For this card, I used Adirondack Brights Ink Pads - Sunshine Yellow and Sunset Orange.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog today.

No comments:

Post a Comment